We invite school students, students of high school, PhD students and young scientists to exchange and communicate on geography and environmental science.
Following sessions are organized:
· Earth’s climate system changes and its impacts on processes in the hydrosphere, atmosphere, lithosphere and cryosphere.
· Study and modeling of natural hazards: geomorphic and cryogenic processes, extreme hydro and meteorological events)
· Dynamics of ice sheet, mountain glaciation and permafrost
· Geomorphic processes and global environmental change
· Geomorphic processes and long term landscape evolution
2. Environmental science and nature management
· Environmental impact assessment
· Environmental constraints and limits
· Environmental impact statement and basis of human activities
· Land use and industry adaptation to environment
· Man induced and complex systems
· Man made relief
· Reclamation and restoration
· Urban and rural ecological infrastructure
· Environmental comfort and morbidity
· Environmentally appropriate technologies
· Ecological risks and safety
· Processes of greening and humanization
· Environmental policy
· Climate change impact on human activity (i.e. heritage sites, food security, indigenous peoples, human health etc.)
3. Economic, social, political geography and tourism.
· Spatial distribution of economic industries, geography of services sector
· Production networks
· Tourism and regional development
· Economic sustainability of regions
· Globalization and developing regions, emerging economies
· Uneven of regional development
· Resource management
· Labor resources
· Spatial division of labour
· Population change
· Settlements networks and systems
· Urban studies
· Environmental and economic aspects of environmental management
· National inventories of natural resources
· Technological change and innovation geography
· Geography of investments
4. Physical geography, cartography and GIS-technologies
· The study of natural factors of development of the geographical environment
· Study of landscapes and landscape components in protected natural areas
· Biodiversity, soil and landscape diversity
· Supply of natural resources
· The evolution of natural geosystems. Paleogeographic studies
· Geochemistry of natural landscapes
· Ecosystem characteristics
· Environmental protection and conservation
· Ecosystem services
· Web cartography
· Geographic Information System Mapping
· Map design
· GIS for natural and man-induced systems management
· Аerospace methods in geography
· Cartography and GIS education
· Internet cartography and electronic atlases · Remote sensing in environmental researches · Spatial analysis
· Modeling in geography
· Forecast methods
· Statistics in geography
· Dating methods
5. Poster session
For masters, undergraduates, postgraduates and young scientists: a poster and a message up to 3 minutes (the format of the poster is A1 vertical).
The poster should reflect the results of the study.
Please, take notice:
1. Only INDIVIDUAL abstracts are permitted to submission.
2. Organizing Team and Expert Committee will not consider abstracts submitted by the group of authors and sent by e-mail.
Presentations of participants:
1. bachelors -presentation and message (up to 7 minutes);
2. masters, undergraduates, postgraduates and young scientists: a poster and a message up to 3 minutes (the format of the poster is A1 vertical). The poster should reflect the results of the study.
Requirements for abstracts - ABSTRACTS
Assistant Prof. Sergey Sokratov - Deputy Dean for Research of Faculty of Geography, Ph.D. in Geography (chair).
Assistant Prof. Andrey Ivanov - Deputy Dean for Students' Research of Faculty of Geography, Ph.D. in Geography (vice chair).
Svetlana Pligina - Head of Department of Scientific and Research work management (coordinator).
Liudmila Zaytseva - Senior Specialist of Department of Scientific and Research work management.
Pavel Konstantinov - Head of The Council of Young Scientists, Faculty of Geography, Assistant Prof., Ph.D. in Geography
Valentina Toporina - Senior Research Scientist of Environmental Management Department, Ph.D. in Geography (secretary).