International scientific conference of students and young scientists "Lomonosov"
4. Economic geography and regional development. Environmental management:
· Spatial distribution of economic industries, geography of services sector
· Production networks
· Tourism and regional development
· Economic sustainability of regions
· Globalization and developing regions, emerging economies
· Uneven of regional development
· Resource management
· Labor resources
· Spatial division of labour
· Population change
· Settlements networks and systems
· Urban studies
· Environmental and economic aspects of environmental management
· National inventories of natural resources
· Technological change and innovation geography
· Geography of investments
5. Human geography. Regional Geography:
· Cultural geography and cultural landscape
· Ethno-geography and confessional geography
· Mental and cognitive geography
· Gender geography
· Geography of inequality
· Geography of migrations. Social and spatial mobility in the modern world
· Electoral geography
· Geopolitics and geostrategy
· Regions and regionalism
· Territorial differentiation of political phenomena and processes
· Countries and areas: territorial organization
· Urban geography and urban studies
· Geography of rural areas
· Virtual geography and connections between physical and digital spaces
6. New research methods and technologies in geography:
· Web cartography
· Geographic Information System Mapping
· Map design
· GIS for natural and man-induced systems management
· Аerospace methods in geography
· Cartography and GIS education
· Internet cartography and electronic atlases
· Remote sensing in environmental researches
· Spatial analysis
· Modeling in geography
· Forecast methods
· Statistics in geography
· Dating methods
7. School geographical studies:
· Heritage sites in school geography
· Area study as educational and scientific work in school
· Field researches
· Teaching method based on project-based learning
Prof. Vyacheslav Baburin -
Head of Department of Economic and Social Geography of Russia, Chair of Commitee of Scientific and Research work, Doctor of Geography.
Assistant Prof. Nina Alexeeva - Acting Head of Deapartment of Global Physical Geography, PhD. in Geography.
Prof. Andrey Bredikhin - Head of Department of Geomorphology and Paleogeography, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Alexandr Gennadiev - Deputy Head of Department of Landscape Geochemistry and Soil Geography, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Kirill Dyakonov - Head of Department of Physical Geography and Landscape Science, Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Alexandr Kislov - Head of Department of Meteorology and Climatology, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Vyacheslav Konishchev - Head of Department of Cryolithology and Glaciology, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Victor Kruzhalin - Head of Department of Recreational Geography and Tourism, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Andrey Lukashov - Geomorphology and Paleogeography, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Irina Lourie - Head of Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Svetlana Malkhazova - Head of Department of Biogeography, Doctor of Biology.
Assisstant Prof. Aleksey Naumov - Head of Department of Social and Economic Geography of Foreign Countries, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Mikhail Slipenchuck - Head of Department of Environmental Management, Doctor of Economics.
Dr. Nikolay Sluka - Leading Associate Researcher of Department of Geography of World Economy.
Assistant Prof. Nataliya Frolova - Department of Land Hydrology, Doctor of Geography.
Prof. Roman Chalov - Department of Land Hydrology, Doctor of Geography.
Alexandr Shnyparkov - Leading Associate Researcher of Research Laboratory of Snow Avalanches and Debris Flows, Ph.D. in Geography.
Dr. Tamara Yanina - Head of Research Laboratory of Recent sediments and pleistocene paleogeography.